Our discussion forums are available to anyone to read, but you must be a member to reply or start new topics. Log-in or register to get started.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Allison Dickie
      Participant

Hello,

I just have a general question regarding exam content. Pediatrics was one of the areas that I figured I would need to spend a lot of time on since I haven’t worked with any children or reviewed this material since taking the PT board exam. However, in this course there is relatively little included on pediatric care. Is it safe to say that it is not heavily emphasized on the NCS exam? Is this perhaps because there is a separate specialization for pediatrics? Just wanted to make sure that I’m not neglecting an important area in my studies! Thanks!

Hi Allison,

Pediatrics definitely isn’t emphasized on the NCS exam, likely due to the fact that there is a PCS exam. When I completed my residency program, I remember being told that pediatrics was being phased out of the NCS exam. Neurologic pediatrics remain fair game on the NCS exam, but I doubt it will be a large component of the exam and likely not worth investing a significant amount of time.

Hope this helps!

Chrissy

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.