Our discussion forums are available to anyone to read, but you must be a member to reply or start new topics. Log-in or register to get started.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sharon Manuel
      Participant

Hello! Obviously there is a lot of information on medications, and it seems as though after taking my first practice exam, the questions might relate mostly to PT practice. I have tried to focus generally on what might be appropriate treatments for common diagnoses we see, but mostly on how they might affect the child during treatment/things to look out for/etc. Is that the trend for testing related to medications, or could it be more specific to how they are working in the body?

Helen Carey
      Participant

Hi,
      You definitely want to know side effects as we should be able to identify those when present with a child in a session. The study guide groups meds by class, which should help you be able to identify mechanisms and such on an exam.

Helen Carey
      Participant

I am not sure if meds will be listed on the exam with their retail/brand name, generic, or chemical name. Hopefully, questions will name the drug more than 1 way.

Per our GCS Advantage instructor, who just sat for his exam last year, you should see both the generic and brand name on the test.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘PCS Advantage Live Chat – 2/11/2024’ is closed to new topics and replies.