Our discussion forums are available to anyone to read, but you must be a member to reply or start new topics. Log-in or register to get started.

OVER 98% PASS RATE FOR THE NCS, OCS, AND PCS EXAMS forums NCS Advantage Decreasing Risk of Type I and Type II Error

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      bcasaday
      Participant

#60 on Practice Exam 4 Asks what does not contribute to decreasing the risk of Type 1 and 2 errors. I guessed on this one but now trying to find why the options are or aren’t correct I am a little confused on how random assignment to groups would minimize false positives and false negatives?
      I realized that ANOVA is done after the study versus during development of the study, so that is the correct answer, but still don’t understand why the other one isn’t also correct. Thanks!

Statistical power is dependent on randomization. Random assignment to groups will average out differences that could lead to type 1 and 2 errors.

Your test taking strategy on this one was correct – even if you don’t know why all the other answers are correct/incorrect, you know that an ANOVA is completed after the study so that must be the correct answer here.

bcasaday
      Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.