Our discussion forums are available to anyone to read, but you must be a member to reply or start new topics. Log-in or register to get started.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Alex Turcios
      Participant

Hi, I have a question regarding case based 5 quiz on multiple sclerosis. For question 6 it ask about what chair accomodation would best suit this patient with fixed PPT and poor head control. The answer is recline as it could open the seat to back angle and recline back to let the head rest. But wouldn’t a tilt accomplish the same thing?

My second question regards #7, it ask about how many people scored below 112 which is 2 standard deviations. Isent 2 standard deviations 95.4%

Alex Turcios
      Participant

Is it possible that I am confusing tilt and recline? I was thinking tilt is tilting the back of the seat, and that recline is reclining the whole chair including the back and seat portion. But it seems like its actually the other way around….

Hi Alex,

I think you are confusing tilt and recline. Tilt tips the whole chair without changing the seat-to-back angle (think of sitting in a dining room chair and leaning back so the front legs come off the floor). Recline opens up the seat-to-back angle (think of a recliner).

In a normal distribution, 95.4% of scores fall within 2 standard deviations of the mean, but that is not exactly what the question was asking. The question asked what percentage scored below 112 (2 standard deviations above the mean) – not what percentage of patients scored between 88 and 112. You know that 100% of patients to the left of the mean scored under 112.

Alex Turcios
      Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.