Our discussion forums are available to anyone to read, but you must be a member to reply or start new topics. Log-in or register to get started.

OVER 98% PASS RATE FOR THE NCS, OCS, AND PCS EXAMS forums NCS Advantage Case 8 – MS exercise question

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hey Chrissy,

For the question asking about when/what type of exercise – the explanation says you want to avoid the heat. Wouldn’t sunrise be less heat than 1100 outside (peak hours for the sun)?

With MS, I understand that fatigue gets worse throughout the day and with heat. So, why wouldn’t swimming laps (inside) later in the day be better (since she has gotten all of her ADLs/childcare out of the way)? Should they prioritize exercise over ADLs or ADLs over exercise?

Hi Carla!
      Your reasoning is spot on! The question asks which activity your *least* likely to recommend. Any of the options are better than walking outdoors at noon. Given that body temperature and fatigue are lowest in the morning, the sunrise bike ride may be the best option for this patient. Regarding exercise vs. ADLs – I always prioritize function, so timing will vary from patient to patient. I never want someone to exercise so much that they are unable to complete their life roles.
      Hope this helps!
      Chrissy

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.