Our discussion forums are available to anyone to read, but you must be a member to reply or start new topics. Log-in or register to get started.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Emily Holben
      Participant

When I did some research on this test I had come across an article of a PT that stated when she took this test she felt she really needed to know ADA laws and e-stim, but in all the study material I have been looking at there isn’t much about these things. Is there somewhere specific I can look? I pulled out my PT school notes and went over those but wanted to sure I wasn’t missing something. Thanks!

Jessica Lewis
      Participant

Hi Emily,

Two challenging topics!

For ADA, if you’re purely looking for the laws, I would just go straight to the source: https://www.ada.gov/.
      There is an article (kind of old from 1996) that gives some good background info about ADA and how it impacts peds PT. The stats will be old but the general info is still good.
      Lowes L, Effgen S. The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990: Implications for Pediatric Physical Therapists. Pediatric Physical Therapy 1996;8(3):111-116.

For estim, I found a few articles that were helpful:
      Bosques G, Martin R, McGee L, Sadowsky C. Does therapeutic electrical stimulation improve function in children with disabilities? A comprehensive literature review. J Pediatr Rehabil Med. 2016;9(2):83-99. doi:10.3233/PRM-160375
      Singleton C, Jones H, Maycock L. Functional electrical stimulation (FES) for children and young people with cerebral palsy. Paediatrics and Child Health. 2019;29(11):498-502.
      https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1751722219301763
      Chiu HC, Ada L. Effect of functional electrical stimulation on activity in children with cerebral palsy: a systematic review. Pediatr Phys Ther. 2014;26(3):283-288. doi:10.1097/PEP.0000000000000045

I hope this helps!
      Jessica

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.