Our discussion forums are available to anyone to read, but you must be a member to reply or start new topics. Log-in or register to get started.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Heidi Lee
      Participant

I realized I had posted in this in your Welcome section. Here it is again:

1. Where does Perception-Action theory fit in with the theories mentioned in your handout– is that part of ecological theory?
      2. Where does Cognitive theory fit in (trial/error learning)
      3. Finally, is Dynamics Systems Theory the same as Systems theory you have on your handout or is it completely different?

Thank you đŸ™‚

Jessica Lewis
      Participant

Heidi…we are working on a response! Not ignoring you đŸ™‚

Helen Carey
      Participant

Hi Heidi,
      I addressed a similar question last night in the forum that might also be helpful.

1. The perceptual action system is related to motor control; an example is motor control strategies for meeting the essential requirements for steady-state gait (including the requirements for postural control and movement).
      2. I am not sure about cognitive theory? There is a strong component of cognition in motor learning which is seen in most theories and approaches/strategies (included in the study guide).
      3. Yes, dynamic systems theory is the same. My reference (Shumway-Cook & Woollacott uses both terms.

Thanks!
      Helen

Heidi Lee
      Participant

Thanks, Helen!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘PCS Advantage Live Chat – 2/13/2022’ is closed to new topics and replies.