Our discussion forums are available to anyone to read, but you must be a member to reply or start new topics. Log-in or register to get started.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Kellie Reidinger
      Participant

Hello,
      I am confused regarding conflicting recommendations for LLD recommendations. There was a question on practice exam one in which the answer explains that a LLD of 3cm would indicate an internal shoe lift, but Campbell describes needing an external shoe lift if > 2 cm because you start to lose room in the shoe. One other answer option was 1.5cm. Campbell says that greater than < 2.5 cm doesn’t need intervention at all, but then lists internal shoe lifts for LLD of 1.5-2cm. Any chance you can clarify?

Jessica Lewis
      Participant

Hi Kellie!

The Campbell text was not the primary source used when writing for this question. Texts can vary in recommendations regarding shoe lifts – when one is needed and internal vs external. We tried to make the options outside of the most common insert values to help you narrow it down to the best answer. I agree with Campbell that intervention is typically not utilized for a LLD <2.5 cm (which excludes the 1.5 cm option). 6 and 8 cm LLD would be far too large to consider an internal shoe lift. This leaves 3 cm as the best answer. I can see the dilemma here because right around an inch is when you consider internal vs external. However, given the information in the question, 3 cm would be the best answer.

Jessica

Kellie Reidinger
      Participant

okay thank you! this has stumped me all through my studying so I appreciate your clarification. Hopefully the PCS will not have a grey area on it!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.