Our discussion forums are available to anyone to read, but you must be a member to reply or start new topics. Log-in or register to get started.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Lauren DiChiara
      Participant

Hi,
      I just had a question on number 84. It states that a girl who had a concussion is in non contact practice and wants to participate in full practice so what would a PT advise her. While it is true that she has to wait 24 hours for symptoms to resolve based on the international guidelines, in the state where I practice, a physician has to provide clearance, not a PT. Is the NCS exam that specific, because if that question was asked in NY or PA, we can not legally tell someone to return to full contact practice…thank you!

Hi Lauren,
      I don’t believe the NCS will ask questions that vary from state to state. Being familiar with recommended return to play guidelines is likely sufficient to think through questions on the exam. In my practice, I defer decisions regarding when to return to play to the physician, but I will advise patients who have yet to complete all stages in the return to play protocol to not return to sport. Hope this helps!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.